Fashion: My Top 5 Items 'You Can Wear With Anything'

08:16

My dilemma lately has been putting outfits together, even the most simple ones. I realised it's because I don't have them items that 'go with anything'. I hate risking my outfits being plain so I tend to go for bold prints or items that may only go with one of my tops. 
I think if you buy too many items that 'go with anything' your wardrobe becomes dull, that's why I've kept kept it short with just 5 items you need which will form the bases of your outfits.

1. White Tops / Camis
I've found it difficult not to find see through ones, but I have managed to find simple white tops for casual or dressed up outfits. If you think about it, not many people wear white or cream coloured jackets so a white top is perfect to stop your outfit from being dull. I know I have black/grey jackets which I barely wear because my outfit is already too black.


Warehouse @ Debenhams Pocket Vest (couldn't find on actual website)
NewLook High Neck Frill Top - Try before you buy, I sized down. 
 
2. High Rise Jeans 
Today I discovered that half of my tops were crop tops!? I don't know maybe I went through a phase... This might not be the case for some of you but I think high rise jeans are essential whether your wear crops or not. The majority of today's tops are short rather than long and there's nothing worse than people wearing these shorter tops with low jeans.
High rise jeans are also really flattering and give you the option of tucking your top in (and maybe adding a chunky belt for detail) or leaving the top out. 
So, you have two options with high rise jeans as oppose to one option with low rise jeans- ultimately making them more wearable!!


3. A Pair of Trainers 
It's long since trainers were just for running, these days you can wear trainers with the most formal of outfits. You can get a pair of unbranded white trainers from places such as Topshop and River Island, I have a pair and I live in them. They're so cheap at £22, not to mention comfy, and the little details add a bit of style whilst still being wearable with most outfits. 



4. A Little Black Bag 
Even though black does go with everything, I tend to avoid black tops because I think it dulls an outfit however black bags are a must. No matter how you style your outfit, no matter what colour your wearing, a black bag will always go (unless our wearing an all yellow and orange outfit... which might be a bit weird). I've been crushing on small across the body bags and I might just end up with all of these different styles in my wardrobe... 
5. A Shirt
I've just recently bought a white over sized shirt and I feel like now I couldn't live without it.
I buttoned it to the top, added a statement necklace and belt as well as pairing it with black skinny jeans and it became a very formal, classic look
On other days I wore it slightly open at the top with ripped jeans and it became a super casual look. Of course it's white, so it goes with anything!! 




NewLook Longline Shirt (not see through!)
River Island Longline Shirt
River Island Turn Up Sleeve Shirt

Thanks for reading and I hope this give you some inspo to get more wear out of your clothes! 
klowey x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Follow Me On Instagram