South Africa Travelling

02:49

Cute gardens, even cuter puppies, wild animals, kayaking on the sea, walking with penguins, floating down a valley, walking up to cape point (I was dead), feeding a seal & being splashed by a dolphin (I was expecting to stroke it, but no)... are just some of the things I got up to in my recent trip to South Africa. 

As you probably know by my lack of posts (blog posts not Instagram of course) I've been away for almost 3 weeks now, I had the amazing opportunity of travelling around South Africa on the garden route. I thought I'd share what I got up to while I was there, I feel like I did everything in such a small space of time, even though it felt like I was there months. 

I didn't include everything in this post, it would have been way too long! but here are some of my favourite moments in pictures. 

Storms River - This place is for the more adventurous, kayaking on the sea (especially scary when its windy and raining at the end, the struggle), floating down the valley on a lilo, jumping off a rock that seemed way higher than it looked & zip-wiring over valleys and waterfalls. I loved this place because I've wanted that adventure holiday for a while and here is where I got it! 

Amazing beaches and sunsets, these were taken in Durban, Cape town & Port Elizabeth. Cape town had the tourist beach with an amazing sunset, you can actually see the sun rise and sunset in the same day here. Durban had seas with sharks (we were warned not to swim in it!) and Port Elizabeth had the prettiest beach but it was so windy that day we would've been attacked by flying sand. 

Puppies!! At Zerenka Lodge in Durban they loved the pups! Jackson was the cutest little sausage dog whilst Zoe was the cutest little fluff ball! 

The pretty gardens at the guest houses were lovely, Zerenka Lodge, Durban had a pool, amazing flowers and a gate which led us straight to the beach. Port Elizabeth isn't a tourist friendly place, but the prettiness of the guest house and garden made up for it as well as the beach & the addo elephant park trip (our first safari).

Elephants!! I was so excited to see these animals, yep I got a selfie with one, managed to get up close to one and had a ride with one! Seeing them in the wild and looked after when they wouldn't survive in the wild was amazing and had to be one of my favourite moments on the trip! 
Penguins!! I think the animals had to be the best part about this trip, this national park let wild penguins roam around on Boulders Beach, Simonstown. I can't believe how close I was to them, selfie! I wish I could've stayed there a lot longer sunbathing on the beach with a penguin, you don't get to do that everyday. 
Lastly, this safari was at a place called Fairy Glenn Private Game Reserve in Worcester, the place itself didn't have any tourist attractions but luckily this was just a stop off for a day while we went on this amazing safari. We managed to get so close to these amazing animals, found out things about them we didn't know and lounged around the pool in the afternoon before getting up close to the elephants as they went to bed!

I hope you enjoyed my post, something a bit different but I'll be getting back to my fashion/beauty posts now I'm back! See you in my next post, 

klowey x  








You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Follow Me On Instagram