Tips

How To Get Motivated | 5 Tips

04:43

Are you feeling really de-motivated at the moment? I've been de-motivated for what feels like such a long time. I think it's because I've been studying at sixth form and working in my current job for almost 2 years now and maybe I just need a bit of 'new' in my life. As I'm coming towards the end of sixth form, I'm determined to get some motivation back so here's 5 tips on how to motivate yourself, advice for you and for me I guess.
1. Try something new
Like I've just mentioned, I feel like when you get used to the same thing for a long time you get tired, lazy and very de-motivated. I'm going to uni in September to start a course in something I haven't really studied before but I know I'm going to love and I feel like this is just the fresh start I need right now. It doesn't have to be a completely new change of direction for you, it could be anything from changing your daily routine, booking a break away or even just getting out and doing something different at the weekend. Breaking up that repetitive routine or changing it can really lift your spirits and motivate you to do more. 
2. Do what you love / treat yourself.
This kind of links with tip 1, and it's to do more of what you love. I know people who get so fed up of being in a job they dislike, which is fair enough because not a lot of people like their job, but it doesn't have to change your mood for the whole week. It's up to you to make some time for yourself, to do something you want to do. Whether it's baking, walking or shopping, you should always be doing something you love to do at some point in a week. 
Don't let the things you have to do (like a job) take over your life. 
Oh, and don't forget to treat yourself, because it can make you 10x happier sometimes. If you're subscribed to my YouTube channel then you will know I've been treating myself lately and I think it's the only thing that's been keeping me sane! I've been loving getting summer ready for my upcoming holidays - this bikini is currently 30% off & featured in my latest haul

3. Get organised. 
Back in January, I was really motivated. I did a whole post on getting organised and I think I definitely need a read through this again now! Basically read this post, if you get everything in your life together and organised you will feel much more motivated in every area of your life. 

4. Eat better, live better. 
I've been really struggling with this lately. I've been so de-motivated and un-organised that I've been snacking and relying on chocolate to make me feel better when actually, it makes you feel worse. I know that eating better can make you so much more awake, less tired and more motivated. A huge part of the reason I have been so lazy lately is because of my diet. I'm not saying you should go and start a new diet but try switching some of your loved snacks to healthier alternatives and you might see a change. I've just started to drink lemon water to hopefully make me and my skin feel better! 
5. Be realistic, and achieve something. 
You might be now thinking, 'I'm going to get my life together today and sort everything out'. In reality, you're probably not. If you aim to do too much then you're likely to get even more de-motivated if you don't achieve everything you wanted to. It's all about setting realistic goals, whether it is just switching your usual fizzy drink for water, at least you know it's achievable. 

I hope this give you some inspiration for getting back on track and motivated! 

klowey x 

Social Media - Instagram | Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Follow Me On Instagram