How To Find Your Personal Style | Tuesday Tips

06:04

How long does it take to define your personal style? For me, a long time. It's been hard to find what works for me and what doesn't and accepting that I can't wear things that I might want to. I've had my blog for over a year and even though I'm into fashion and have been shopping every weekend since I can remember, somehow I've only just found my own style. Maybe it's because I wanted all the trends, or maybe it's because I wasn't really happy with me, but I'll save that for another post. 


I'm trainers over heels, jeans over skirts and bombers over duster coats. I've always thought trainers, jeans and baggy tees were boring. I feel like I was constantly reaching out for some other style that just wasn't me. From now on I'm focusing on what really suits me and what I really love because I'm not trying to be anyone else but me. If you're struggling to find your own style, hopefully this post will help. 

Quay Australia Sunglasses - Fiorelli Bag
 
Bombers over duster coats.
Dressing casual has never been so trendy and I don't know why I didn't see that. Somehow I didn't realise I had 3 bomber jackets sitting in my wardrobe and they were there for a reason. Look at the pieces you have most of, what do they say about your style? I definitely needed this satin pink bomber from new look for my spring wardrobe (similar here), even though I wished I could afford the topshop version.
Baggy tees over fitted, strappy tops. 
When society says 'if you've got it, flaunt it' and you just don't want to, it kind of puts you in an awkward place. I hate how body shape seems to be put into some categories (e.g. plus size, curvy, petite) because I'm not really comfortable in any of these 'categories'. Some girls think it's the dream to have an above average sized chest, but not for me. People say to wear figure hugging clothes and tight tops when in reality I don't want any of the attention it brings. My dilemma is that fitted tops make my boobs look huge whilst baggy tees make me look like a whale. Now, I've found an in-between. Baggy crops will be my go to, it shows my small-er waist whilst not drawing so much attention to my chest. I'm comfortable, and happy. You should always flaunt your assets, in a way you feel comfortable.
High waisted jeans over anything else. 
I guess jeans have been the only thing I've been sure about in my style, I wear them everyday without fail. High waisted jeans to flatten my stomach, nip me in at the waist and elongate my slightly short legs. These are my all time favourite molly high waist jeans from River Island and I would definitely choose these over topshop (plus they're now in the sale!) The 4 way stretch fabric is so flattering and it's like impossible for them to lose shape! What do you wear the most? It's likely there is something your wearing that is right for you. 

Trainers over heels. 
I'm all about comfort and heels just aren't my thing. If you catched my 5 comfy shoes post you will probably already know, if I do wear heels they're most likely low with a bit of chunkiness to them. After buying my Adidas superstars somehow I felt completely okay with wearing trainers everyday. Trainers have never been so trendy and I feel like I definitely need to embrace it while I can! Be confident knowing something that works for you will work with your style, your outfit and society. 

Oh, hey dexter...

Once you find your own personal style you should be happy, comfortable and confident in your clothes.

 Thanks for reading, 
Klowey X 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Follow Me On Instagram