Top 5 Tips on How To Buy The Best Presents This Christmas

05:00

Struggling to find the right presents for your friends and family this Christmas? Well don't worry because I've already done all of my gift shopping (yep it's the 17th November and it's all done!) and I'm going to share with you some tips on getting the best presents this year. Clearly I'm a very 'Christmassy' person, I don't know anyone else who has planned and bought all their presents already, maybe I'm a bit crazy. 

There's nothing wrong with being organised though, now I don't have to worry about being skint in January which is such a relief! Be prepared for lots of Christmas posts from now up until the end of December, in fact, you could probably class my last post as a 'Christmassy' one - 20 New Look Party Staples Under £20
Carry on reading for my 5 top tips for buying the best presents this Christmas! 

1. What are their hobbies and interests? 
This the first thing you should ask yourself when buying a present for someone. Do they like make-up? Do they enjoy new experiences or getaways? All you need to do is figure this hobbie or interest out and work from there, you know they love it so find loads of relatable gifts and your good to go.
2. Don't go overboard on 'little things'
I love getting the 'little things' at Christmas, whether it's chocolate, a nail varnish or a lipstick. Often, people go overboard with these. If you start building up a collection of little things then they start to become irrelevant and not personal, especially because most of them aren't things you really need. I like buying a main present, with a couple of little things on the side, still well thought through of course(see tip 1!).
3. Shop around
A lot of the time, with gift sets especially, it's worth having a look at the prices in a few places before buying the first one you see. So many supermarkets and high street shops will have the same gift sets but most likely at different prices, so to get the best deal spend some time on-line browsing before you hit the shops. 
4. It's okay to get them a gift-card.
Some people may think gift cards are 'for lazy gift buyers' which I guess, is sometimes true. On the other hand, what if your buying for a person who likes clothes? When I go shopping, I might like the look of something, but hate it on me or find it's not the right fit at all. So, how is someone else going to know if it fits you? There's nothing worse than being stuck with a top that doesn't fit you, or having to find something to exchange it for in the same shop. If your struggling to find something for a clothes lover, a gift card will do the trick! I got £90 in gift cards for my birthday and oh my god did I appreciate it, it feels like your getting free clothes!
5. They've got everything, what do I do? 
Sometimes, it's really hard to buy for someone when they buy a lot themselves. You could get them something, but they might already have it or a really similar version, if this is the case then get them to write a list. Some people don't like writing lists, others do because they want things they actually want/need. I think lists are really good because if it's long enough, the present is still a surprise, but the person is getting something they actually want or need.

Hopefully this post was useful and will help you with your gift shopping! My Christmas gift guides for him and her will also be up soon if you need ideas for the presents. Get organised because like I said, you will be so thankful in January! 
klowey x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Follow Me On Instagram