Lifestyle: Things To Do In The Summer

08:05

So while I'm uploading this it's actually raining... typical England. I swear it's been sunny the past few days!? If some of you are stuck in England for the 'summer' and don't get to experience a holiday abroad then I've put together some things you could do in the UK and I guess for some it doesn't have to be so sunny. 


I've been meaning to write this post ever since I made my Summer Lookbook as I was in skipsea for the week with my boyfriend. As well as creating outfit posts and taking pretty photos I thought I would share with you some of the places I've been in case your wanting to do something with your summer or your already going to nearby places and need things to do!

I've captioned each photograph with a location so carry on reading for things to do with your summer...


Scarborough
1. Let's go to the beach

Okay, so you might not be abroad, there might not be pretty palm trees but there is sand, sea and ice cream. I'd say Scarborough is definitely one of the best seasides to go to, there's shops, bars, donkey rides, peasholm park and the sea life centre. My favourite thing about Scarborough is peasholm park and if you haven't been then you NEED to! It's so pretty, has mini golf nearby and holds various festivals and markets (only sometimes, sadly not on the day we went). Other than that I love the typical seaside food, ice-cream, doughnuts and chips from the chippy. If the weathers miserable hit the shops or visit the sea life centre for the day.


Scarborough Town
Scarborough Beach
 2. Cute little towns

As you probably know, I'm one to shop and usually in big shopping centres at shops like River Island and NewLook however there's nothing I like more than getting unique things from small, less popular (usually cheaper) shops. My advice would be to find places with small towns, I've been to both Knaresborough and Beverly and loved my days out at both. There is still places such as NewLook however there's food markets, rivers, vintages shops, flower stalls and more (all of which really pretty) see below...  


Beverly Town
Cake Stall In Beverly 
Shortbread Slice (from previous cake stall)
3. Lakeside Views (featuring really good food)

I'm gutted that this was only a quick stop for lunch on the last day, I loved it and not to mention those VERY Instagrammable views... The Restaurant itself had amazing decor with decking for those wanting to eat their food outside by the lake. The food was really good, even the salad! However the menu was limited. If your nearby this area I would definitely recommend going here even if it's just for a drink! The views are amazing.


Berts Pizzeria Brandesburton
Berts Pizzeria Brandesburton

4. Take photographs 

Even if you aren't a person that posts daily on Instagram or has a blog, why not take pretty photos? I love photography and I take pictures of, well anything really, but they are so good for capturing moments you don't want to forget. Whether it's visiting a place you've never been, the most amazing view or the best chocolate cake you've ever had, take the photo! It's now there to look back on.


Local Beach Near Far Grange Park Skipsea

5. Get the best food

Moving on to, yes, more food. So this summer I had the best bacon sandwich I've ever had, the best chocolate shortbread slice and the best ice-cream. Find out where I got these food favourites from below...  


Vanilla Cafe in Beverly (best bacon sandwich ever!)
Beverly Market (big market on Saturdays)
Mr Moo's Ice Cream Skipsea


Thanks for reading and I hope this give you some ideas for your 'summer'! 
klowey x 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Follow Me On Instagram