Top 10 Tips To Get Discount On Almost Anything!

00:01

Learn to be savvy, learn to save money! If you know me you know it's rare I ever buy full price, unless I'm in Primark. Since my previous 'how to save money when you're a shopaholic' post was so popular I thought I'd round up 10 ways you can get some discount all in one post. 

I'm sorry you haven't seen a post from me in 2 weeks but I've been feeling really uninspired and very 'meh' lately, but I'm back and happy to have some time to sit down and actually think of post ideas for once! I'm hoping to switch up my content a bit and make some new, exciting posts as well as re-design my blog. I honestly hate the look of it now but I'm the least techy person in the world so we'll see how that turns out... But back onto my tips post...

1. Sign up to everything! 
I definitely might of used mine, my boyfriends and my cats email accounts just to get some discount before. I'm joking, (about the cats anyway) but if you aren't signed up to brands emails, what are you playing at!? Here's why: welcome discounts, early access to sales (yep this has happened loads recently!, and VIP flash discounts. Why not make an email account purely for promotions? 

2. Be a student.
Okay, so not everyone can be a student... But you'll be surprised how easy it is to be able to get a student card/unidays account because all you really need is an email address. My sister had a job but was also doing a training course at the same time and she managed to get an NUS card which I'm pretty sure lasts around a year, so even if you quit or it's finished before then, you'll still have student discount. 
Image - https://goo.gl/4DO6nS

3. Timing is key. 
I work in retail which means I'm fortunate to get advanced notice of the sales where I work and it's taught me a few things about timing. Sales and offers tend to go live just before payday and if they're being mean they'll also end before payday but most are extended over the payday weekend. There are also less busy months during the year for retail which is when shops will offer vouchers and discounts. As far as my knowledge goes this is January, July and October but this could be different depending on the store. 

4. Google it.
Google has the answer to everything right? If you don't already know the trick to search discount codes on google then it's pretty simple. You search your chosen brand and search discount codes and the month you're in. This doesn't always work but I always do it just on the off chance I find one. Sometimes you'll find discount, free delivery or free gift codes depending on the brand.

5. Where is your item the cheapest?
This applies to brands that are sold in more than one location. I recently purchased a bikini from PourMoi? and I actually got the top from their own website and the bottoms from ASOS. The prices varied and I had a voucher from ASOS too so it made sense to order them separately because I would save myself some money but still get the same items. 

6. Speaking of ASOS...
So if you're an ASOS shopper you need to be signed up to the ASOS A-List. It's a relatively new thing where you collect points on each of your orders and after getting so many points you get more benefits such as: £5 vouchers, free next day delivery days, increased discount on your birthday and triple points days. You're literally being rewarded for making purchases that you were going to make regardless of the points, so it's a win win! It's fairly easy to get your vouchers too because you get 5 points for every £1 spent which is pretty decent. 
7. Points cards.
A lot of stores do store credit cards where yes you have to be 18 and have a credit check before you get one but some stores have loyalty cards where I'm pretty sure anyone can have one. Off the top of my head I can think of Boots, Debenhams, Sainsbury's and Superdrug who offer loyalty cards so whenever you purchase you collect points which then add up to vouchers. Since high end make-up is so expensive, Debenhams is a really good place to have a card because your points seem to go up really quickly.

8. If you're desperate...
This is mainly for clothing items, but if you really want something but it's an 'imperfect' item (meaning it has something wrong with it such as a button missing, marks etc) then you can always ask for discount. If you know you can fix the problem then just ask for some discount and they will give it to you, you can get anything from 10% - 50% off depending on how damaged the item is. But you have to remember that the majority of the time it makes the item non-returnable, so make sure it's something you really want.

9. Get your discount from bloggers...
I'm sure since if you're reading this you probably read other blogs too and follow bloggers/youtubers that are huge on social media. As part of bloggers collaborating with brands they sometimes get their own discount code which you can use. I've seen: Missguided, Misspap, Revolve, Morphe Brushes, Makeup Geek and Velour lashes to name a few.

10. Price drop? Get a refund! 
Don't you just hate when you buy something full price and then it goes into the sale? So annoying! With in store purchases you can return your item (providing it's still got the tags on and hasn't been worn) and re-buy it at the newer price, meaning you get some money back. They can't not let you do this because you could just return your item and then go buy it when they put it out onto the shop floor at the newer price so you might as well just ask at the till. 

11. Deliveries! 
I know I said 10, but I just thought of another after receiving my 10% off River Island code in my parcel! A lot of brands include discount codes in their deliveries because it makes you go back and shop more. Not many brands only include the receipt, I've even got sweets in my deliveries before... Oh and how many brands try giving you free graze box vouchers!? 
I hope my tips have been helpful! What's your number 1 tip on how to save discount?

klowey x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Follow Me On Instagram